Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Doctors only know what they know


Doctors today learn mainly about drugs that can treat symptoms.  Each time we would speak to one of the many doctors we saw they would say "well we can try this medicine and if it does not work we will go to another medicine"  But, the problem was none of them could truely tell me what the root cause of her problem was.  We even had doctor's tell us "it really sucks that you have this problem and you will need to keep taking steroids even though I know it will cause your bones to deteriorate, gain weight, cause diabetes" and so on.  NO!  I did not believe that.  I had been searching on the internet for what seemed like years researching trying to find something that would work for her.  What really aggrevated me was that we would see the top doctors at the top notch clinics and they would ask us "what kind of soap are you using"  did they really think we had gone this far not to consider anything common sense would?  As a mother my frustrations were through the roof.  When your child is so weak and in complete misery to the point that they are unable to live life you better know a mama does not want to hear "what kind of soap are you using".  My daughter had the following symptoms that grew worse, red neon skin all over her body, itching, oozing water from the break down of skin, heat & sky high IgE levels (this is the marker for allergy in your body), dryness, loss of pigment, weakness, dehyrdration and unable to control body temperature not because she had a temperature but the fact that she was losing body heat through her head where the skin was broken.  I knew somehow someway God would help us through.  This started in 2009 and we just now in the last 3 months have gotten to the bottom of her problem and are getting so much better.

I researched on line and found all kinds of free podcasts on the topic of dermatitis and eczema.  I found the what I call "regular medical doctors" talking about the methods we had already tried with no results.  (immune suppressants -that were actually chemo), wet wraps which is where you rub steroid cream on your body and then wrap up in wet pajama's then you put dry pajama's over them and get under the cover for 1 hour), allergy shots).  These things only made her worse. 

I then found a podcast that was free and the name of it was "Designs for Health"  I subscribed to the podcasts and I was able to listen to a doctor who is a chiropractor and also a natural integrative doctor with holistic methods.  I heard him tell about a girl who had eczema all over her body and it sounded so much like my daughter.  To make a long story short  I spoke with him he suggested that her liver may not be functioning properly therefore causing toxins to be building up in her body and they could be trying to release through the skin.  Well he was right.  I will continue tomorrow with what happend and how we discovered the root cause of the whole problem.  You will be amazed! 
          
                           Until next time hang in there you will get better!

                                           Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment